Computer Support Specialists are hired by various organizations where they are required to provide technical assistance, support, and advice to the company’s staff or end-users.
Duties of a Computer Support Specialist include installing and maintaining hardware and software, testing software, solving technical issues, implementing security policies. and updating records.
To work as a Computer Support Specialist, a candidate should have strong skills in installing hardware and software, handling technical issues, and overseeing maintenance of computer systems in an organization. Furthermore, he/she should be capable of educating users about computer systems and their usage.
A college degree in computer science or a similar discipline is typically required for this job.
Computer Support Specialist Sample Job Description
• Install and maintain hardware and software
• Oversee computer information systems
• Manage both hardware and software issues
• Test existing network systems
• Perform regular maintenance to make sure that networks operate correctly
• Resolve issues in local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), and Internet systems
• Provide technical support to non-IT users
• Educate users about computer systems and their usage
• Organize training sessions to train users in the proper use of hardware and software
• Monitor daily performance of the computer systems in an organization
• Monitor maintenance of computer systems in an organization
• Monitor daily backups and virus protection systems
• Refer defective hardware and software products to vendors or technicians for service
• Run diagnostic programs observe system functioning and cause of problems
• Provide diagnostic reports and recommendations for corrective actions
• Respond to users’ queries regarding computer software and hardware operation
• Maintain daily records
• Maintain knowledge of the latest technologies