Computer Support Specialists are hired by various organizations where they are required to provide technical assistance, support, and advice to the company’s staff or end-users.
The duties of a Computer Support Specialist include installing and maintaining hardware and software, testing software, solving technical issues, implementing security policies, and updating records.
To work as a Computer Support Specialist, a candidate should have strong skills in installing hardware and software, handling technical issues, and overseeing maintenance of computer systems in an organization. Furthermore, he/she should be capable of educating users about computer systems and their usage
A college degree in computer science or a similar discipline is typically required for this job.
Computer Support Specialist Sample Cover Letter
January 21, 2021
Mr. Trevor James
Human Resources Manager
871 Sample Road
Lansing, MI 12345
Dear Mr. James:
As a qualified, passionate, results-driven computer support specialist, I am sending my job application to apply for the Computer Support Specialist position at ABC Organization.
I have 4+years of experience working in the capacity of Computer Support Specialist. Owing to this experience, I have learned a lot about this job. I have polished skills in installing and maintaining software, hardware, and peripherals, performing troubleshooting, and solving technical issues. I am also well-versed in organizing training sessions to train users in the proper use of hardware and software.
Given below are some of the qualifications I am offering:
• Demonstrated expertise in installing and maintaining software and hardware
• Capable of deploying new peripheral hardware, such as printers, and copiers
• Effectively able to troubleshoot and resolve software and hardware issues
• Specialized skills in performing regular maintenance to make sure that networks operate correctly
• Particularly effective in resolving issues in local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), and Internet systems
• Well-versed in ensuring minimum downtime, and monitoring maintenance of backup systems
• Proficient in working with vendors and IT staff members aiming to resolve issues
Considering my skills and experience, I am positive that there isn’t a more profound profile for this position than mine, which is why I want to meet with you to further emphasize my suitability. I will call you next week for a follow-up. If you have any questions, please contact me at (012) 345-6789.
Thank you for your time and consideration.