Computer Support Specialists are hired by various organizations where they are required to provide technical assistance, support, and advice to the company’s staff or end-users.
The duties of a Computer Support Specialist include installing and maintaining hardware and software, testing software, solving technical issues, implementing security policies, and updating records.
To work as a Computer Support Specialist, a candidate should have strong skills in installing hardware and software, handling technical issues, and overseeing maintenance of computer systems in an organization. Furthermore, he/she should be capable of educating users about computer systems and their usage.
A college degree in computer science or a similar discipline is typically required for this job.
Computer Support Specialist Resume Sample
521 Case Street, Lansing, MI 12345
To work as a Computer Support Specialist at XYZ Company, providing 5 years of experience in installing and maintaining hardware and software, evaluating and troubleshoot network systems, solving technical issues, and training users.
• First-hand experience in installing and maintaining software and hardware
• Expertise in installing and maintaining peripherals
• Exceptionally skilled in identifying and resolving computer issues
• Documented success in evaluating and troubleshooting network systems
•Proficient at organizing training sessions to train users in the proper use of computers
• Strong ability to translate technical concepts into layman’s terms
• Substantial knowledge of databases and antivirus programs
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
• Strong listening and problem-solving skills
• Good critical thinking, multi-tasking, and time-management skills
(mention your key accomplishments here)
May 2016 – Present
ABC Organization – Lansing, MI
Computer Support Specialist
• Analyze computer and network issued
• Install and maintain hardware and software
• Manage hardware, software, and peripheral issues
• Monitor daily performance of the computer systems in an organization
• Monitor daily backups and virus protection systems
• Perform regular maintenance to make sure that networks operate correctly
• Recommend technology for purchase and refer defective hardware and software products to vendors or technicians for service
• Organize training sessions to train end-users
June 2009 – May 2016
XYZ Inc. – Lansing, MI
• Installed and configured software and drivers
• Maintained and repaired technological equipment
• Installed well-functioning LAN/WAN and other networks
• Performed regular upgrades
• Troubleshooting system failures and bugs
• Offered technical support to PC users
BS in Computer Sciences
The State University, Lansing, MI – 2009