Writing a cover letter for a Commercial Pilot can be a complicated task. You have to keep a few things in mind while writing one.
First of all, do not waste the precious space of your letter in writing how you found about the job. Instead, start your letter with an effective opening statement. Second, do not fill your letter with irrelevant experience. And third, do not write any negative comments about your former or current employer. Writing any of the above can badly effect your candidacy. Keep these points in mind and you will be able to come up with an interview winning cover letter for a Commercial Pilot.
Following is a sample cover letter for a Commercial Pilot. You are free to use and customize it according to your requirements.
Cover Letter Example for Commercial Pilot
667 Lake Street | Atlanta, Georgia 78273 | (723) 665-1823 | Oliver@email.com
June 16, 2016
Mr. Walter Smith
722 Sample Road
Atlanta, Georgia 67249
Dear Mr. Smith:
Owing to my 6 years’ experience as a pilot, I am passionate to work with ABC Airlines in the same capacity. I possess strong leadership and team-working abilities, ability to think quickly and make decisions in difficult situations, capacity to remain calm under pressure along with complete familiarity with the state approved safety principles.
Below are the highlights of my qualifications that render me perfect for this position:
• Certified Commercial Airline Transport Pilot (ATP)
• 6 years hands on experience in aviation with 4500+ hours flight time as pilot in command
• Worked closely with chief pilot and maintenance crew to insure that aircraft were compliant with FAA regulations.
• Remarkable understanding of mathematics and physics and technical information, as pilots need to know how their aircraft works
• Expert in smooth single engine and multi-engine landings
• Excellent hand-to-eye co-ordination
I would appreciate a chance to meet with you to discuss how I am the right choice for this position. I will call you after 10 days to confirm the receipt of my application and to see if it is possible to arrange a meeting at the time of your convenience. In the meantime, if you need any further information, you can contact me at (723) 665-1823.