To get the position of a commercial pilot one must compose a compelling resume that convinces the employer that you are the right choice for this position.
In order to write an interview winning resume, it is very important that you make a list of your relevant skills and experience and then present them in a simple and understandable manner. If your resume is full of irrelevant material or relevant material written in an unclear and unorganized manner, it can badly affect your candidacy.
Consider the sample resume for commercial pilot given below to get a better idea.
Commercial Pilot Resume Example
376 Case Street | Austin, Texas 48762 | (234) 567-9274 | firstname.lastname@example.org
A skilled and experienced professional with 15000+ hours of flight bringing excellent knowledge of federal aviation regulations.
– Class A Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) commercial certificate holder.
– Airline Transport Pilot Licence (ATPL) holder.
– Skilled in smooth multi-engine landings.
– Permitted to enter and exit all international borders.
|♦ DOT Cleared||♦ ATP Certification||♦ FBI finger printing cleared|
|♦ FOM/FAR Understanding||♦ CRF Compliance||♦ Radio equipment operation|
• Commercial Pilot | AAA Airlines, Austin, Texas 76453| December 2013– Present
• Pilot | Delta Private Jets, Charleston, SC | February 2010– December 2013
|Total Flight Hours||16500|
|Pilot in Command||11000|
|Second in Command||2500|
|Multi Engine Aircraft||4500|
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task, analyze information, prioritize problems, and achieve goals during constant changing and fast paced work environments.
• Perform pre-flight and post flight cockpit checks to make sure that everything is in accordance with AFM and FAA flight requirements and SOPs
• Organized study sessions with junior pilots to mentor and review for new hire evaluations
• Select route, altitude and velocity to ensure maximum smoothness of flight
• Communicate effectively with control tower rooms and obtain take-off and landing clearances
• Responsible for over 2,000 pilots including creating monthly flight pairings and pilot scheduled lines for bidding and oversaw awards
• Meticulous attention to detail from flight planning to process execution.
• Flew passengers more than 240,000 miles without accident or incident
• Most junior instructor ever selected to develop & teach the Crew Resource Management course
PROFESSIONAL TRAINING AND EDUCATION
Bachelors of Science in Professional Aviation | ABC University, Austin, Texas | 2008