Clinical Assistants are expected to provide assistance to physicians, nurses, and laboratory technicians in performing clinical tasks.
General duties of these professionals include communicating with patients, taking their history, documenting the information, performing tests and screenings, filling files, and assisting patients in waiting rooms.
An ideal candidate should exhibit good communication skills, active listening skills, sufficient medical knowledge, familiarity with medical terms, and computer competency.
A high school diploma or GED is required for this job.
Clinical Assistant Resume Sample
638 Pine Road, Tulsa, Oklahoma 74110
Dependable and organized clinical assistant talented at assisting physicians with routine medical procedures. Capable of taking patients’ history, filling forms, documenting information, and performing initial tests. Skilled at sanitizing exam rooms and sterilizing and maintain equipment. Also skilled in carrying out related administrative tasks and office procedures.
SKILLS & EXPERTISE
|Patient Registration||Information Handling|
|Patient Education||Insurance Approvals|
|Laboratory Follow-up||Data Maintenance|
Mention your accomplishments here.
Clinical Assistant | June 2017 – Present
XYZ Facility, Tulsa, Oklahoma
• Welcome patients and take their vitals.
• Assist patients in filling pre-admission forms and perform initial tests.
• Take patients’ history and document information manually or electronically.
• Scgedual appointments and prepare exam rooms by setting up required equipment.
• Keep exam rooms neat, clean, and sanitized.
• Perform administrative tasks and office procedures.
Clinical Assistant | September 2014 – May 2017
ABC Medical Center, Tulsa, Oklahoma
• Assisted patients in the waiting room and informed them about the services provided at the facility.
• Assisted patients in filling admission and consent forms and prepared charts.
• Maintained inventory and placed orders to ensure stock availability.
• Maintained equipment, performed preventative maintenance, troubleshoot breakdowns, and called for repairs
• Sterilized and sanitized all surgical equipment.
• Answered phone calls, responded to patients’ queries.
High School Diploma
State High School, Tulsa, Oklahoma