CCTV operators are responsible for monitoring CCTV camera footage, reporting any noticed incidents, and contacting emergency services if required.
The general duties of CCTV operators include monitoring CCTV screens, maintaining daily logs, incident and shift reports.
If you are interested in working as a CCTV operator, you should possess sufficient surveillance system knowledge, attention to detail, accuracy, literacy and numeracy skills, ability to multitask, and good communication skills.
Sample Skills for CCTV Operator Position
• Skilled in installing CCTV systems and observing surveillance screens.
• Capable of operating and maintaining a surveillance system and ensuring that the cameras are working properly.
• Expert in editing footages as per clients’ instructions and preparing a copy for their reference.
• Well-versed at patrolling the premises regularly.
• Demonstrated expertise in guaranteeing that the recording and retrieval system is working properly.
• Proficient in maintaining records of daily system checks.
• Vigilant and attentive, capable of determining any unusual and suspicious activity.
• Able to contact appropriate authorities in case of emergency.
• Excellent eyesight, concentration, and great attention to detail
• Good observation and communication skills.
• Calm and focused, capable of reacting quickly and calmly in case of emergency.
• Proficient in working with computers and other CCTV equipment.