CCTV operators are responsible for monitoring CCTV camera footage, reporting any noticed incidents, and contacting emergency services if required.
The general duties of CCTV operators include monitoring CCTV screens, maintaining daily logs, incident and shift reports.
If you are interested in working as a CCTV operator, you should possess sufficient surveillance system knowledge, attention to detail, accuracy, literacy and numeracy skills, ability to multitask, and good communication skills.
Sample Cover Letter for CCTV Operator Position
June 16, 2020
Mr. Robbie Thompson
839 Noon Avenue
Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70898
Dear Mr. Thompson:
The advertised position of a CCTV operator at XYZ Hotel is exactly the type of opportunity that I was seeking. Offering strong background in surveillance and more than 6 years of relevant experience, I am sure that my resume will be of great interest to you.
Some highlights of my qualifications include:
• Skilled in installing, operating, maintaining CCTV systems and observing surveillance screens, and identifying unusual and suspicious activities.
• Expert in editing footages as per clients’ instructions and preparing a copy for their reference.
• Able to contact appropriate authorities in case of emergency.
• Excellent eyesight, concentration, and great attention to detail
• Proficient in maintaining records of daily system checks.
Through my experience, I have polished my communication, maintenance, and surveillance skills. I am a vigilant, calm, and focused individual who is capable of reacting quickly and calmly in case of emergency. Considering my passion, determination, devotion, observation skills, communication skills, and analytic personality, I am confident to be soon considered a valued addition to your surveillance team.
I appreciate the time that you took out to read my application. I intend to drop in next week to see if you have a timeslot available to meet with me. If you would like to contact me, please feel free to call me at (125) 548-9642.
Thank you for your time and consideration.