CAD Design Engineers design new products while using computer-aided design software applications, such as AutoCAD, Pro/ENGINEER, and SolidWorks.
To secure the position of a CAD Design Engineer, one must possess a unique and compelling resume. Here are some tips that will help you in creating an effective resume:
• Read the job description issued by the prospective employer carefully. Find out what the hiring manager is looking for. After having the full understanding of the employers’ requirements, incorporate those skills in your resume that are most relevant to the employers’ demands.
• To convince the employer that you are a perfect fit for the job, justify your skills not just by mentioning your experience and duties that you were required to perform, but in form of your achievements.
Below is a good resume sample for the position of a CAD Design Engineer specially designed for your guidance:
CAD Design Engineer Resume Sample
762 Sample Street • Sacramento, California 73322• (012) 322-2321 • email@example.com
CAD DESIGN ENGINEER
An innovative, reliable and result-oriented professional with 6 years’ experience working as a CAD Design Engineer. Skilled in designing, modeling, and assembling complex parts while using SolidWorks for new product development. Capable of working with the computer-aided software applications and with MS Office suite as well. Expert in developing 2D and 3D images and designs. Capable of working closely with customers during their specific design projects and completing projects within the given time limits.
● Design Analysis ● Design Generation ● Drafting Assistance
● Product Model ● Material Selection ● ECN Processing
● Design Layout ● 2D And 3D Imaging ● Tooling Designs
● Documentation Analysis ● Concept Troubleshoot ● Uni-graphics
• Worked efficiently as a team member to ensure product safety and size can be carried out successfully.
• Ensured 100% of all specifications and modifications were correct for client presentation at various stages of development.
• Created and maintained a network shared a 3d library of standard purchase items which effectively cut design time by 35%.
ABC Company, Sacramento, California
CAD Engineer, May 2014 to Present
• Design high-quality CAD product models by preparing routine layouts, detail drawings, assembly drawings, sketches, and diagrams.
• Collaborate with engineering technicians from designing to drawings, and testing prototypes.
• Select correct materials and monitor production.
• Analyze production issued and create cost-effective solutions.
XYZ Company, Sacramento, California
CAD Design Engineer, June 2012 to April 2014
• Monitored and responded to all CAD service requests.
• Prepared and developed 3D CAD models with SolidWorks software.
• Maintained and regularly updated backup data management systems for suppliers and customers.
• Assisted in research and implementation of all CAD related software.
ABC COLLEGE FOR ADVANCE STUDIES, Sacramento, California, 2012
B.S., CAD Engineering
• American Society of CA Designers (ASCAD)
• American Design and Drafting Association (ADDA)