A cover letter is a very important document when applying for a job. Particularly for entry level candidates, a cover letter plays very important role. But writing a cover letter can be a difficult task.
In order to convince the prospective employer that you are the perfect candidate for the job, you need to convey not only your skills and qualifications, but also your passion for the organization and your aptitude for the specific role and a cover letter allows you to do this.
A well-written cover letter is not supposed to be a copy of your resume. Rather it is supposed to highlight the personal traits and transferable skills that could translate into professional competencies in the role at hand.
Given below is a cover letter sample for an entry-level bank teller position. You can use this sample as a guide for writing your own.
Cover Letter Sample for Bank Teller (No Experience)
762 Noon Avenue
Atlanta, Georgia 65222
February 11, 2017
Mr. Peter Turner
ABC NATIONAL BANK
651 Sample Street
Atlanta, Georgia 72633
Dear Mr. Turner:
I am writing this letter to apply for the bank teller position as posted on your website. With hands-on experience in providing comprehensive client financial account services along with exceptional customer service and strong interpersonal skills, I am confident that I can excel in this role.
My banking experience and the skills I have gained are readily adaptable to meet your specific needs. Some of the key skills that I believe make me a strong candidate for the position include:
• Strong financial skills and numeracy skills.
• Computer competences and familiarity with financial software.
• Knowledge of financial software and general banking procedures.
• Exceptional talent for guiding the clients based on their financial needs.
• Well-versed in processing customers’ cash deposits and withdrawals; checks, transfers, money orders, travel cheques and bills and credit card payments.
• Expert in managing all transactions promptly and accurately in compliance with bank policies.
The attached resume details my strengths and career achievements. I would welcome an opportunity to meet with you in person to discuss this position in detail. I will call your office after 6 days for follow-up. In the meantime, if you need any further information regarding my profile, you can contact me at (233) 234-7736 or at Nick@email.com.
Thank you for your time and consideration.