A cover letter is a very important document. No resume should be sent without it. A cover letter serves as the introduction to your resume. It provides you with an opportunity to introduce yourself to the prospective employer, demonstrate your interest in the company, motivate the reader to consider your resume and give you an interview call.
Most employers read the cover letter first and decide whether or not they should consider the enclosed resume. A neat, concise, well-written letter can entice the employer to read your resume with greater interest and will improve your chances of getting an interview, Therefore, it is very important that you write your cover letter with great care and attention.
1. Always tailor your cover letter for the position and company you’re applying to.
2. Don’t write too much. Keep it simple and to-the-point.
3. Select two or three key skills form your profile that are in line with the demands of the employer and elaborate them.
4. Mention some relevant accomplishments in your cover letter, and be sure to use some cold, hard numbers. Numbers will draw the hiring manager’s eye immediately and will show him or her that you have measurable results in your work history
Cover Letter Example for Retail Assistant Manager
721 Main Blvd • Atlanta, Georgia 30309 • (009) 234 – 3426 • email@example.com
August 24, 2017
Mr. Dino David
782 Sample Road
Atlanta, Georgia 30309
Dear Mr. David:
Upon learning of your posting for a Retail Assistant Manager, I quickly realized that my experience in assisting all facets of retail store management renders me perfect for the job. My resume is enclosed for your review.
A highly skilled retail assistant manager with 9 years’ experience in retail environment. I excel in overseeing merchandise displays, goal achievement, work schedules, and sales reports while leading sales staff to peak performance levels. I am excellent with budget management and tackle any problem that may arise in this work. My outgoing personality and strong communication skills along with leadership skills and ability to multi-task are an asset to any retail environment.
Here are some of my key accomplishments:
• Enhanced the company’s turnover rate by 20% during the first year via effective cost control and advance sales performance.
• Employed customer service efficacy plans which proved invaluable in raising customer satisfaction scores from 39% to 77%.
• Presented and displayed merchandise that increased impact and increased sales by 30%.
I would appreciate a chance to meet with you in an interview where my candidacy in relevance to the position can be discussed in detail. Please call me on the above numbers to communicate a time and date to suit the purpose. I shall be calling your office for follow-up after 5 days. In the interim, thank you for your time and consideration.