Assistant Teachers offer operational and administrative support to lead teacher and also support students during school activities. These professionals are required to carry out a number of duties including planning activities, supervising children, handing out class materials, and reporting to lead teachers.
You cannot use a generic resume for all positions you apply for because this can have a bad effect on your chances of getting selected. Therefore, make sure that you compose a unique and tailored resume for every position that you apply for.
If you are willing to apply for an Assistant Teacher position then you need to come up with a compelling resume to land an interview successfully. A perfect resume for the assistant teacher position should demonstrate skills like patience, supervisory skills, a caring personality and the ability to interact with children efficiently.
The following resume sample for the position of Assistant Teacher will give you an idea on how one should be written when applying for this position.
Assistant Teacher Resume Sample
486 Noon Avenue • Houston, Texas 73492 • (653) 983-2958 • firstname.lastname@example.org
Performance Summary: A committed, passionate and self-motivated individual having excellent communication skills and proven track record of creating and maintaining effective student-teacher relationships. Capable of creating a fun learning environment for children by arranging different indoor and outdoor activities making sure that the learning goals are successfully met. A love of working with children along with ability to manage difficult behavior effectively.
|– Notebook Checking||– Remedial Classes||– Special Needs Assistance|
|– Assignment Checking||– Field Trips||– Formative Assessments|
|– Activity Conduction||– Record Keeping||– Homework Coordination|
|– Board Maintenance||– Children Supervision||– Student Counseling|
• Created and implemented the summer school curriculum for preschoolers in the absence of lead teacher
• Increased student interest in after-school activities by employing marketing methods aimed at their physical and mental needs
• Received Teacher Assistant of the Quarter Award following excellence in assisting lead teachers in a productive and professional manner
CLASSROOM ASSISTANCE EXPERIENCE
THE EDUCATORS, HOUSTON, TEXAS
Classroom Assistant, MARCH 2014 to Present
• Maintain an orderly and sanitary classroom environment.
• Provide support to lead teacher and reinforce planned activities to help enhance the academic, emotional and physical development of students.
• Assist lead teacher with scheduled lesson plan, and work as a substitute in absence of the lead teacher.
• Help children with their school work in after school program.
• Assist students on one-on-one basis and in small group setting.
ABC INSTITUTE, HOUSTON, TEXAS
Teacher’s Aide, DECEMBER 2009 to FEBRUARY 2014
• Helped keep order in the classroom and resolve any issues between children
• Assisted in maintaining a safe learning environment and kept accurate records
• Maintained appropriate classroom discipline and decorum
Babysitter | ABC Company, Houston, Texas | Spring 2008
Grocery Clerk | Wall Mart, Houston Texas | January 2007 to October 2007
AAA INSTITUTE OF EDUCATION, Houston Texas, 2009
Associates Degree in Early Childhood Education
• Multilingual: French, English and Spanish
• Profound ability to monitor children in class rooms and during lunch break
• CPR Certified