The position of an accounts receivable clerk in any organization is of great importance. Accounting Clerks review and maintain accounting records for their clients by entering balances and calculating interest on loans, bank accounts, and credit accounts using accounting spreadsheets and databases. The duties of an accounts receivable clerk include keeping track of and collecting money owed, maintaining customer files, communicating with customers, preparing bank deposits, and making sure the billing system is up-to-date. To set the position of an accounts receivable clerk, one must possess an associate or bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance and have superior organizational, attention-to-detail and arithmetic skills.
In order to secure the position of an accounts receivable clerk, you need to make a good resume that showcases excellent organizational skills, information management and problem solving expertise along with knowledge of computer software programs such as Microsoft Office.
Following is a sample resume for an accounts receivable clerk position for your assistance. You are free to modify it as per your requirements.
Resume Sample for Accounts Receivable Clerk
631 Case Street
Juneau, Alaska 75398
(643) 375-7249, Charlie@email.com
ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE CLERK
Professional Summary: Passionate, hardworking and determined individual with 6+ years’ progressive experience working as an accounts receivable clerk. Skilled in generating account statements and reports, developing automated spreadsheets and processing adjustments along with good interpersonal, organizational and communication skills and ability to multitask.
|AREAS OF EXPERTISE|
|● Data entry||● Balance cash reports||● Deposit slips posting|
|● Spreadsheets maintenance||● Filing and mailing||● Journal entries|
• Implement new procedures to increase the progress and efficiency of AR/AP roles which improved time work and aged receivables by 85%.
• Managed accounts Receivable for 50+ accounts.
• Assist in balancing 7 bank accounts at the end of each month.
Accounts Receivable Clerk | AAA Firm – Juneau, Alaska |August 2012 – Present
• Perform day to day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, computing, posting and recording accounts receivables’ data.
• File invoices in an alphabetical order.
• Received, recorded, cashed checks and vouchers.
• Verify accounts by reconciling statements and transactions.
• Processed refunds to insurance companies and patients.
• Maintain financial historical records by filing accounting documents.
• Prepare necessary bank approval documentation.
• Handle check and cash deposits.
• Provide customer service to resolve customer issues pertaining to billing and services.
Accounts Receivable Intern | ABC Company – Juneau, Alaska | November 2010 – July 2012
• Managed billing processes and invoiced customers.
• Worked with collection personnel to verify status of delinquent accounts and solicit payment on overdue accounts.
• Supported sales team with creating, editing and distributing invoices.
• Posted customer payments by recording cash and credit card transactions.
• Assisted project managers as and when required, including creating reports and updating project budgets.
City Accounting School, Juneau, Alaska | 2009
Associate of Science in Accounting
SKILLS AND CAPABILITIES
• Excellent communication and customer service skills.
• Great attention to detail and accuracy.
• Complete knowledge of general accounting principles.
• Proficient in relevant computer software.
• Skilled in handling delinquent accounts effectively and tactfully.
• Excellent accounting and mathematical skills.